Wednesday, April 7, 2010

words

I laugh at myself nowadays
All I need is just a poke
R kotha jhorjhor kore jhore pore.
Words gush out of me like
Tides of water, released from the
Boundaries of a reservoir. Flowing
Eddying flowing whirling flowing
Rushing flowing gushing down
Like a torrent of fountain waters,
Sliding down the breast of
A tall hill covered with lush greens.
I talk, keep sprinkling the droplets
Of words, spreading mirth, joys,
Tears, emotions, likes, dislikes…
All it takes is just a poke,
A small “hello, what’s up?”
All you do is listen, quietly.
Do you have a soft smile playing
On your lips? Just a hint of it?
You don’t answer or reply to much
That I say, only choose answers
And gift them to me carefully.
As if you are dipping your feet in
The cool running waves of words
And feeling the wetness creep up.
Do they touch your knees?
I don’t even get to know when
You had picked up your feet
And walked away silently.
I stand still, and run deep.
Waiting for you to come one dark evening
And float a diya with flowers in a leaf-bowl.
The gift will float on my soul,
My being and I will smile till
You open the floodgates again.

1 comment: